Orthodontics for children, teens, and adults – No charge for initial screening examinations.
- High quality care: Doctor Michael sees every patient at every appointment!
- Dr. Michael uses low friction brackets to reduce the time it takes to straighten teeth. Dr. Michael finishes every case to fully function for a lifetime.
- Dr. Michael uses OPAL seal to help keep teeth protected during the time braces are on the teeth.
- Our office has Laser capabilities for those needing gum reshaping, oral ulcers removed, or other gum procedures.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children be screened around the age of seven.
Interceptive orthodontics may be done when growth modification is needed for children between the ages of 7 and 9.
TYPICAL INTERCEPTIVE TREATMENT (Ages 7-9)
To correct a specific problem that is interfering with growth and development.
Treatment Time Ranges: 12-15 months.
- Rapid palatal expansion
- Lip bumper
- Twin Block (specialized active retainers for the upper and lower jaws)
- Bite plane
- Limited braces (Upper or lower jaw)
- Full braces in both jaws are occasionally used in cases with extensive needs.
FULL TREATMENT ORTHODONTICS FOR ADOLESCENTS (Ages 10-17)
To correct the alignment of the teeth and the jaws during and after the eruption of all of the permanent teeth.
Treatment Time Ranges: 18-24 months
The most ideal time for treatment is during the adolescent growth spurt (puberty). This is because some growth modification can still be accomplished, and most of the permanent teeth are fully erupted or erupting. In the young person who has moderately crowded teeth, it is very important to start their treatment just as the last four baby teeth are due to be lost (primary second molars). This may prevent the removal of permanent teeth.
FULL UPPER AND LOWER BRACES
Occasional use of lip bumper and/or headgear in conjunction with braces especially when teeth are very crowded. Keeping all permanent teeth whenever possible is always a priority.
Traditional silver, gold, or tooth colored (Porcelain/plastic combination) braces.
Invisible braces (Invisalign) may be available for some teenage females (ages 15-17) who have completed their growth and who do not require extensive treatment.
FULL TREATMENT ORTHODONTICS FOR ADULTS (Ages 18-…..)
- To correct the alignment of the teeth and jaws.
- To make space for crowns, bridges or implants when teeth have shifted to poor positions. (This may be needed as a result of the premature loss of teeth due to decay or gum disease.)
- To correct relapse that has occurred a result of inadequate retainer wear or physiologic shifting.
Treatment Time Ranges: 18-30 months
FULL UPPER AND LOWER BRACES
Rare use of lip bumper and/or headgear in conjunction with braces especially when teeth are very crowded. One of these appliances is more likely to be used in one jaw when there is a higher degree of crowding in one jaw.
Invisible “braces” www.invisalign.com are a series of clear removable appliances called aligners that are used in conjunction with 3-D computer technology. They are very similar to clear or invisible retainers, but move the teeth in the same manner that braces do. They are not intended for children and are not appropriate for every adult.
Surgical treatment (Orthognathic surgery) in conjunction with orthodontics may be needed in cases where the jaws are too far apart to correct with just braces.